Helping you to make the right choices.
A Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a trusting partnership between a doctor led health care team and an informed patient. It includes an agreement between the doctor and the patient that acknowledges the role of each in a total health care program.
We strive to accommodate patients who need more urgent care. Please call us immediately if your symptoms become acute. We will assist you in obtaining appropriate care. Emergency care is safer if we can guide the Emergency Department about your health situation.
◦ Respect you as an individual.
◦ Ask you what your goal is, or what you want to do to improve your health.
◦ Ask you to help us to plan your care, and to let us know if you think you can follow the plan.
◦ Create written copies of care plans for more complex illnesses.
◦ Have the care team members devoted to your plan of care.
◦ Remind you when tests or procedures are due so that you can receive the best quality care.
◦ Ask you to have blood tests done before your visit so that the doctor has the results available at your visit.
◦ Explore methods to care for you better; including ways to help you care for yourself.
◦ Contact our office BEFORE heading to an Emergency Room or Urgent Care – we do offer same day or next day appointments.
◦ Tell us what you know about your health and illnesses.
◦ Tell us about your feelings and concerns.
◦ Take an active role in your plan of care and agree to follow that plan.
◦ Tell us about ALL the medications, vitamins and herbal supplements you are taking and the physicians prescribing them.
◦ Ask your specialists to send us a report about your most recent visit and the results from any recent testing.
◦ Take time to research your conditions and learn about wellness and how to prevent disease.
◦ Respect us as individuals and partners in your care.
◦ Keep your appointments as scheduled, or call and let us know when you cannot.
◦ Pay your co-payments on the day and time of service.
◦ Give us feedback so we can improve our services (we may survey you in the future to understand this better).
◦ Request information on community services relating to my health needs.