What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable treatments that restore volume and fullness to the face, including the cheeks and lips. They can also soften facial wrinkles and folds, giving you a smoother and more youthful appearance. At Rosewood Health Care & Medical Spa, we use Juvéderm, Restylane Belotero Balance, and Radiesse products to lift, smooth, and plump your way to subtle results that last.
If You Would Like To Add Volume To Your Lips…
- Juvéderm Volbella XC is used to subtly restore lip volume and reduce lip lines
- Juvéderm Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC are used for more severe volume loss and lip lines
- Restylane Silk can enhance lip volume, shape, and symmetry
If You Would Like To Add Volume To Your Cheeks…
- Juvéderm Voluma XC adds volume to the cheeks to correct age-related hollowness
- Restylane Lyft corrects volume loss and enhances contours
If You Would Like To Soften Deeper Folds and Wrinkles…
- Juvéderm Vollure softens facial lines and wrinkles
- Restylane Defyne smooths out deeper folds and wrinkles in the skin, including the nasolabial folds
- Restylane Refyne offers subtle enhancements for wrinkles around the mouth
- Belotero Balance specifically targets etched in wrinkles and lines around the lips, mouth, and eyes.
- Radiesse treats smile lines and the nasolabial folds with a two-pronged approach; the filler creates immediate results by boosting volume under the skin while stimulating collagen production in the treatment area for the long term.
What Are Dermal Fillers Made Of?
Dermal fillers are made of non-animal-based hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that already exists in the human body and is used to provide volume and fullness to the skin. The hyaluronic acid comes in a crystal-clear gel called NASHA, or Non-Animal Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid. NASHA is biodegradable and completely biocompatible with human hyaluronic acid.
How Are Dermal Fillers Different From Botox?
Restylane, Juvéderm, Belotero Balance, and Radiesse are natural, cosmetic fillers. In contrast, Botox is a drug that blocks nerve transmission and relaxes the underlying muscles. Many patients at Rosewood Health Care & Medical Spa have been very pleased after receiving treatment with both products.
Are Dermal Fillers Safe?
Yes, fillers have been used safely by dermatologists and plastic surgeons for decades. Both brands are non-animal-based and fully biocompatible, allergy testing is not required. There is virtually no risk of animal-based disease transmission or allergic reaction from these dermal fillers. The most commonly reported side effects were temporary redness and swelling at the injection site. These effects typically resolve within 2-3 days.
What Can I Expect From the Results?
For many individuals, corrective treatments can last from 6-12 months, with certain products delivering fast results that last even longer.* However, each patient is unique, and the length of your results will depend on how quickly your body metabolizes the product. Eventually, dermal fillers do leave the system and touch-up treatments are recommended.
Before & After Photos
Dermal Fillers in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
At Rosewood Health Care & Medical Spa, we care for our patients wholeheartedly, ensuring they have the best experience possible from start to finish. When you visit us, you will be provided with our full line of comprehensive treatment options. If you would like to combat facial volume loss and fill in folds, lines and wrinkles for a more youthful look, dermal fillers may be right for you. To request an appointment, call (989) 775-3823 or fill out the form below.